Critical Care Transport RN at LifeFlight of Maine
Location: Lewiston and Sanford, ME (3 positons)
LifeFlight is growing. Join a leading edge critical care transport program with opportunity for growth. LifeFlight of Maine is a consortium based non-profit critical care system and the primary provider of critical care transport for the entire state of Maine. This position is located within Central Maine Medical Center (CMMC), a tertiary center with a full range of critical care services including trauma, medicine, and cardiology with an assignment at a new base in southern Maine. We are a matrix organization and our flight team works both in transport and the hospital critical care units. The CCT-RN works in a dynamic team at LifeFlight and CMMC and reports to the Clinical Base Operations Manager.
LifeFlight operates with advanced and progressive critical care protocols providing a full range of critical care and critical care transport from ECMO to NICU. The CCT-RN provides direct patient care in pediatric and adult ground, fixed wing and rotor wing services in a busy transport and hospital environment. This is a regular full time shift position with a 36 hour work week.
LifeFlight operates twin engine full IFR Agusta helicopters anda KingAir 200 airplane in partnership with SevenBar Aviation as well as ground services with related ambulance partners. LifeFlight is fully CAMTS accredited and nationally recognized for safety and innovation.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing
- Current or able obtain licensure as registered nurse in Maine by hire date
- A Bachelor’s degree in nursing or health related field is strongly preferred
- A minimum of 3 years in critical care nursing experience including experience in a combination of ICU/CCU/CSU/PICU/NICU demonstrating comprehensive management of the critical care patient
- Two years of experience in flight / critical care transport with pediatric patients preferred
- CCRN, CFRN or CEN certification preferred prior to hire
- CCRN and CFRN must be completed within 18 months of hire
- Current BLS(American Heart Association Healthcare Provider or equivalent), ACLS and PALS (or equivalent pediatric certification) required
- NRP, TNCC, STABLE, PHTLS, and ATLS (audit) required within 6 months if not currently held
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal communication skills, teamwork, and self- directed organizational, collaborative, and problem solving skills
- Lifelong learner with regular commitment to transport medicine, quality, LEAN, and patient safety
- A current US Passport required
- The CCT-RN provides all modes of transport services
- Must pass annual LifeFlight physical agility evaluation
- Must comply with crew weight policy
Regular full time. Fast paced dynamic clinical high performance team environment
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability status relative to job function, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, protected veteran status, national origin, genetic information or any other legally protected status.
Director of Clinical Operations