Critical Care Transport Paramedic at LifeFlight of Maine
Location: Bangor (2 positions), Lewiston, and Sanford, ME(3 positions)
LifeFlight is growing. Join a leading edge critical care transport program with opportunity for growth. LifeFlight of Maine is a consortium based non-profit critical care system and the primary provider of critical care transport for the entire state of Maine. Positions are located at Eastern Maine Medical Center (EMMC) and Central Maine Medical Center (CMMC), both tertiary centers with a full range of critical care services including trauma, medicine, and cardiology. Positions at CMMC will also have an assignment at a new base in southern Maine. We are a matrix organization and our flight team works both in transport and the hospital critical care units. The CCTP works in a dynamic team at LifeFlight and CMMC and EMMC and reports to the Clinical Base Operations Manager.
LifeFlight operates with advanced and progressive critical care protocols providing a full range of critical care and critical care transport from ECMO to NICU. The CCTP provides direct patient care in NICU, pediatric, and adult ground, fixed wing and rotor wing services in a busy transport and hospital environment. This is a regular full-time shift position with a 36-48 hour work week.
LifeFlight operates twin engine full IFR Agusta helicopters and a KingAir 200 airplane in partnership with Seven Bar Aviation, as well as ground services with related ambulance partners. LifeFlight is fully CAMTS accredited and nationally recognized for safety and innovation.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma or GED required / College Degree strongly preferred
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as paramedic in a busy ALS or hospital setting
- CCEMT-P certification preferred, required to obtain certification within 6 months
- FP-C certification preferred for hire, required within 18 months of hire/transfer
- Critical Care Transport and/or Flight Experience preferred
- Current BLS (American Heart Association Healthcare Provider or equivalent, ACLS, PALS (or equivalent pediatric certification), PHTLS or other approved trauma training are required for hire
- NRP and STABLE preferred and required within 6 months of hire
- Must be willing to complete educational programs for transport
- Positive interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal communication skills, teamwork, and self- directed organizational, collaborative, and problem solving skills
- Lifelong learner with regular commitment to transport medicine, quality, LEAN, and patient safety
- A current US Passport required
- The CCTP provides all modes of transport services
- Must pass annual LifeFlight physical agility evaluation
- Must comply with crew weight policy
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability status relative to job function, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, protected veteran status, national origin, genetic information or any other legally protected status.
Director of Clinical Operations