The Town of Dedham is accepting applications for the full-time position of Firefighter/EMT. We are looking for a positive and motivated individual to join our family. The desired candidate should be a Maine licensed EMT or AMT) and be a minimum Firefighter I Certified.
This position is a full-time position, which is a rotating 12-hour daytime position. 2 days on, 2 days off, 3 days on, 2 days off. You will be responsible for the efficient performance of required duties in conformance with the rules, regulations, and policies established by the State, Town, and Fire Department. Duties shall consist of a number of fire and EMS responsibilities necessary to ensure the stability and safety of our community. Duties will also include minor maintenance and upkeep of all apparatus and equipment, as well as housekeeping duties.
This full-time opportunity offers a generous benefits package that includes a Progressive Pay Plan which rewards for tenure and professional growth, health and dental insurance, retirement plan, paid vacation, sick, and holiday time.
- Maine State Retirement
- $5,000 sign on Bonus
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Graduation from high school or its equivalent.
- Ability to read, write, and speak the English language.
- Graduation from an accredited basic fire academy and/or certification by the State of Maine as a Firefighter, FF I-II preferred.
- Pumps I-II.
- EMS license
LICENSE AND/OR CERTIFICATES
- American Heart Association CPR Certification.
- Firefighter I
- EMT or higher preferred.
- EVOC or equivalent
- Individuals must possess a valid Maine Driver’s License at the time of appointment. Revocation of license during employment may result in disciplinary action, including the possibility of termination, or reassignment.
REQUISITE KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL LEVELS
- Some knowledge of the street system and layout of the town is helpful.
For an Application, complete Job Description, and Benefits Package, please visit https://www.dedhamme.org/
Return the application with a cover letter, resume, three letters of professional reference, a copy of current Maine EMT or AEMT License, AVOC/EVOC, NFPA Firefighter I & II certificates, and any other professional certifications to the Town of Dedham.
(Mail, Fax, or Email)
Dedham/Lucerne Fire Department
Attn: Full-time FF/EMT Position
8 Bald Mountain Road
Dedham, ME 04429