Job Title: Paramedic
Job Number: 44449
Account: Affiliated Healthcare Systems
Location: MMH – Douglas H. Brown Building – Union St., Bangor ME 04401
Schedule: Temporary Full-Time
Hours: 19:00-7:00- 12 hours
All AHS positions require flexibility, regular attendance, the understanding that position responsibilities may vary at times, the need to be receptive to additional responsibilities that may be reasonably assigned by the Supervisor and the knowledge that processes are subject to change per organizational growth.
The Paramedic is a person who must not only remain calm while working in difficult and stressful circumstances, but must be capable of staying focused while assuming the leadership role inherent in carrying out the functions of the position. Good judgment along with advanced knowledge and technical skills are essential in directing other team members to assist as needed. The Paramedic must be able to provide top quality care, concurrently handle high levels of stress, and be willing to take on the personal responsibility required of the position. This includes not only all legal ramifications for precise documentation, but also the responsibility for using the knowledge and skills acquired in real life threatening emergency situations.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Currently licensed or licensable in Maine as an EMT-Paramedic
- Current Health Care Provider CPR certification
- Active, unrestricted Maine Driver’s license
- Insurable by auto insurance carrier
- AVOC Certification
- Current BTLS, PHTLS, or other trauma training
- NRP or approved alternative Certification
- Cleared for NICU/CCT vehicle operation
- Approved 12-lead EKG interpretation training
- Maine EMS Paramedic Interfacility Transport Certification
- Pre-hospital EMS experience preferred
- Must have ability to remain calm in dynamic situations; ability to be unaffected by loud noises and flashing lights; ability to perform efficiently throughout the entire work shift without interruption.
- Must have the ability to efficiently interview patients, family, and bystanders.
- Must have the ability to interpret written, oral and diagnostic form instructions.
- Must have the ability to read English language, manuals, road maps, accurately discern street signs and address numbers; ability to calculate weight and volume ratios.
- Must have the ability to communicate in English with co-workers, patients, health professionals, and others.
- Must demonstrate competency in: assessing patient, handling emergencies utilizing the Basic Life Support equipment and procedures; have the ability to perform CPR, control of hemorrhage, non-invasive shock treatment, fracture and spinal stabilization, manage environmental emergencies, emergency childbirth, operation of the semi-automatic defibrillator, delivery of oxygen.
- Must be able to perform advanced airway control; IV/IO therapy; cardiac monitoring; defibrillation; and other practices as approved by Maine EMS.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, protected veteran status, national origin, genetic information or any other legally protected status.