The Town of Buxton is accepting applications for the position of Firefighter/Paramedic (AEMT accepted) for its fire-rescue department. One for immediate hire and one for hire following budget approval. An active eligibility list will be kept for 6 months following this hiring process. The positions are both full-time positions with benefits packages.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Associates Degree preferred.
- Must hold and maintain a valid State of Maine Class C Drivers License
- Successful completion of Maine certified AVOC/EVOC class (equivalent)
- NFPA Firefighter I & II Certification, or equivalent
- Must hold and maintain at a minimum a Maine Paramedic License, Advanced EMT considered.
- National Incident Management System IS-100, IS-200, and IS-700
- Post job offer the candidate must complete a pre-employment physical, including drug test, and NFPA 1500 components
- Must successfully complete a comprehensive background check and license check
- Must be able to work fixed and rotating shifts
Applications packets are available on the department’s website and can be viewed by or you may contact the Chief’s Office at (207) 929-3099 to have an application packet mailed to you.
Completed application packets must be received at the Fire-Rescue Chief’s Office (185 Portland Rd., Buxton ME 04093) no later than May 5, 2017 at 12:00 hours. Emailed application packets will NOT be accepted.
EOE STATEMENT: The Town of Buxton is an equal opportunity employer and reserves the right to leave positions open until a qualified candidate has been found.