THIS IS a TWO-DAY COURSE
The American Heart Association Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support course is designed for healthcare providers who either direct or participate in the resuscitation of a patient, whether in or out of hospital.
ACLS is based on simulated clinical scenarios that encourage active, hands-on participation through learning stations where students will practice essential skills individually, as part of a team, and as team leader. Realistic simulations reinforce the following key concepts:
- proficiency in basic life support care;
- recognizing and initiating early management of peri-arrest conditions;
- managing cardiac arrest;
- identifying and treating ischemic chest pain and acute coronary syndromes;
- recognizing other life-threatening clinical situations (such as stroke);
- providing initial care;
- ACLS algorithms; and
- effective resuscitation and dynamics.